Hi, I’m Liza, a Chartered (BPS) & Registered (HCPC) Counselling Psychologist with over 15 years experience of providing psychological therapy to adults. In addition, I supervise qualified & trainee psychologists.
I also have a PhD by research & I am involved in psychology research & teaching at Strathclyde University keeping me up to date with developments in my field.
As someone who has lived with a heart condition from birth I am also actively involved in advocacy efforts to improve care for members of this population.
Counselling Psychology Services
Research, writing & advocacy
Recent media articles & academic publications
- We need to develop a framework to help those most vulnerable from covid-19 - BMJ, 22nd July 2020
- Covid crisis is another blow in the lifelong battle for survival, The Herald, 23rd June 2020
- Baring all: The impact of the hospital gown on patient wellbeing, British Journal of Health Psychology, 20th April 2020
- NHS needs to learn how people living with serious heart disease feel about it, The Scotsman, 23rd October 2019
- Using Psychologically informed care to improve mental health and wellbeing for people born with a heart condition. Journal of Health Psychology, 2019.
- Hospital Gowns leave patients feeling open and vulnerable - their time is up, The Conversation, January 2019.
- People born with a heart condition are at increased risk of mental health problems, The Conversation, June 2018.
- Born with a heart condition: The Clinical Implications of Polyvagal Theory in Clinical Applications of the Polyvagal Theory: The Emergence of Polyvagal-Informed Therapies edited by Prof Stephen Porges & Debs Dana. W.W. Norton & Company. New York, 2018.