Professional Qualifications, Training & Experience
- Qualification in Counselling Psychology via The British Psychological Society’s Independent Route.
- MSc in Psychological Therapies in Primary Care, University of Dundee.
- Teaching Fellow, Strathclyde University.
- Visiting Senior Fellow, Congenital Cardiac Research Centre, University of Suffolk.
- Over ten years experience working for NHS Fife Psychology Department in Primary Care Mental Health Team & several years in independent practice.
- Doctorate in Psychology (PhD), University of Glasgow.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc Honours, 1st Class) in Psychology, University of Stirling.
- Numerous NHS & BPS accredited further trainings in specific difficulties and therapies.
- NES (NHS Education for Scotland) Generic Supervision Competencies for Psychological Therapies Training.
- Publication in peer reviewed professional journals.
Professional Accreditation & Awards
- Chartered Counselling Psychologist - British Psychological Society.
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council.
- Member of the Kinsey Institute, Traumatic Stress Research Consortium (KI-TSRC).
- BHF Healthcare Professional Alliance Member.
- Strathclyde Images of Research, Impact Award winner, 2019.
- Outstanding Young Person of The Year 2013, JCI-Scotland.
- British Heart Foundation, UK, Health Professional Heart Hero Award, 2012.
- ESRC Funded Post Doctoral Research Fellowship (2003).
Network & Board Memberships - Voluntary
- British Psychological Society, Division of Counselling Psychology - Scotland, Committee Member.
- Scottish Campaign Manager, The Somerville Foundation.
- Heart Disease & Stroke Cross Party Group, Scottish Parliament, Member.
- Sit on Scottish Congenital Cardiac Advisory Board (NHS Scotland) representing The Somerville Foundation.
- Sit on the Scottish Obstetric Cardiac Network (NHS Scotland).
- Sit on Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS) working group developing CHD healthcare standards.
- Patient Involvement Network Member, Long Term Conditions Alliance.